Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Beaver Lodge: THE BLOGGING OF THE BLODGE

Oh crap, you found me.

Welcome to the attempted opening of the Beaver Lodge Blog (or the Blodge, for short). Here I will list all kinds of fun things, such as:
  • song listings!
  • upcoming interviews!
  • news for the Facebook impaired or those avoiding its all-seeing eyes!
  • random thoughts that I have while I'm hosting the show that somehow don't make it into the babbling that I do on-air.
So since I'm currently writing this on a Saturday and am nowhere near the station, I don't really have much to add in the vein of the last bullet point (although I am contemplating going out and buying a pomegranate because I feel like a snack), but for the people who requested a site for those who are desperately trying to avoid the sticky, unforgiving clutches of Facebook, here's the track listing for last week:

THE BEAVER LODGE: October 16th (or: the show with songs for the unfortunate lover)

Atomic 7 - Chock Full O' Notes
Bad Flirt - Double Double Date
Bela - Don't Sleep Alone
Bif Naked - Rich and Filthy
Creepshow - Rock and Roll Sweetheart
Controller.Controller - Sleep Over It
The Stolen Minks - Get Wet
The Elixxers - Gold Digger
Die Mannequin - Saved By Strangers
Mother Mother - O My Heart
You Say Party! We Say Die! - Cold Hands! Hot Bodies!
Library Stories - Love in the Age of Absurdity 
Tegan and Sara - My Number
Woodpigeon - Love in the Time of Hopscotch
Esthero feat. Sean Lennon - Every Day is a Holiday (With You)
The Weekend - Temporary Insanity


Have a freakin' good weekend, and I'll see you on Thursday. Bring your homework! Next week: More beaver product reviews, a surprise interview, me telling you why you should give the station money, and the Beaver Lodge's SPOOOOOKY HALLOWEEN SHOW.

Cheers,

- Alex

No comments: